Recruitment - Homecare Open Day 16th & 18th March
Want to make a real difference to people's lives?
We're holding a Recruitment Homecare Open Day at Scarlets Court, Dafen on Monday 16th and Wednesday 18th March 9:30-4:30pm. Come and find out more about Homecare, Personal Assistant roles, training and the benefits of working for Gwalia. You will also have an opportunity to get your questions answered and apply for jobs available in the care sector.
The morning will be a Q&A session and you will have the opportunity to meet other care staff and find out more about:
- The role
- How call times are organised
- The client group
- Geographical areas covered
- Training and support
- The induction programme offered
- What is expected of you for the role
- An opportunity for you to ask questions
In the afternoon, formal interviews will take place. You will need to have completed an online application form before you can be interviewed. This can be completed online prior to attending the open day or you can complete on the day.
Main duties of the role
- Providing personal care
- Assisting people getting up / preparing for bed
- Assisting with medication
- Meal preperation
- Shopping and domestic duties
Being a car driver is essential and you will need a full driving licence with business insurance. You will also need to be flexible in your approach to shift work and be available throughout the day. If you are a people person, with a reliable and resilient nature, we'll happily fill in any gaps in your skill-set with training and on the job mentoring.
Preperation - on the day, please bring with you:
- ID for DBS check (passport, driving licence, birth certificate, evidence of National Insurance number, bank statement or utility bill)
- Contact details for rerences
- Read through the job description (you can also apply online for vacancies at www.gwalia.wales)
What is Homecare?
Gwalia homecare is designed to enable people to continue living independently in their own homes and communities. Homecare can offer support 7 days a week, from 7am-11pm.
As a personal assistant, working predominantly with older people, you will provide care and assistance to people in their homes and have a real opportunity to impact on the quality of people's lives.
Everything we do is about putting people first, and that includes delivering outstanding care to people who use our services and providing out staff with learning and development opportunities.
We believe that employing the best people on our teams enables us to deliver an exceptional service. Homecare is an exciting service that focusses on client's individual needs and aspirations.
Whilst previous experience is the care sector is useful, it isn't always the key to success. What is most important is the ability to empathise, to put yourself in someone else's shoes and the desire to make a difference to someone else's life.
The benefits of working at Gwalia
- A variety of shifts available
- Excellenct rates of pay - £7.65 p/hr
- Extensive training
- Support and full induction
- Formal paid training programmes (QCF level 2)
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Generous mileage allowance (45p p/mile)
- Free uniform and equipment
- Annual leave starts at 25 days per year pro-rata plus bank holiday entitlements
- Attractive pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted bus passes
- Gym membership discounts
- Sports and social society membership
We look forward to seeing you at our Recruitment Homecare Open Day at Scarlets Court, Dafen on Monday 16th and Wednesday 18th March 9:30-4:30pm.