We work in partnership with Dyfed Powys Police and Crime Commissioner to takle anti-social behaviour in the area. Read more...
Our staff have an annual dress down day on the last Friday of each month in aid of charity. Ty Olwen was our 2014 charity and in 2015, it's Air Ambulance Wales.
We work with local AMs to raise awareness of housing issues currently affecting the sector and to put our support behind local campaigns for change. Read more...
We care for people in their own homes and within the community, focussing of the needs of each person as an individual and putting them at the centre of our business.
We hold events for our tenants and clients, engage with the communities we work in and listen to feedback about our services to make sure we're putting our customers first. Read more...
We manage over 10,200 properties and provided care and support for over 4,700 people during 2014/2015 through services such as floating support, advice, care and static support.
Simplified financial summary for 2015
More detailed financial information is available in our Financial Statements which can be found on the right, and our 2015 Annual Review.
|Gross surplus before depreciation||5.1|
|Housing accomodation lettings||3.6|
|Supported housing and other activities||-1.0|
|Income & Expenditure 2015|
|Total group income||61.4|
|Balance Sheet 2015|
|Loans & liabilities||-260.4|
|Represented by: Capital & reserves||204.2|
Our business covers housing and support for all sectors of the community including:
- General rented properties.
- Social rented housing.
- Sheltered accommodation, extra care accommodation, residential care and home care services for people over 55.
- Specialist dementia care.
- Care and support services for a wide range of client groups including young people, families, ex-offenders, people with learning disabilities, people with physical disabilities, people with mental ill health, victims of domestic abuse and people with alcohol or substance misuse issues.
- Student accommodation in Aberystwyth, Bangor, Cardiff and Swansea.
- Affordable homes for sale in south Wales, available through our Gŵyr Homes brand and developed in partnership with private developers. A range of purchase or rental options including shared ownership, retained equity and try before you buy are available.
- Commercial properties.
- The support of housing and tenant related charitable causes via the Gwalia Trust.
- Tapestri, a cafe bar and bistro in the heart of Swansea which is run as a social enterprise.
Financial statements 2015
Statements from previous years are available in our publications section.
Gwalia Financial Viability Judgements
A Financial Viability Judgement is an annual report for Housing Associations carried out by the Welsh Government to determine the availability of financial resources in order to meet current and future business and financial commitments.